Standard terms and conditions of business
Your attention is in particular drawn to the provisions of condition 11.
- The definitions below apply in these conditions.
"Color Confidence": Typemaker Limited trading as Color Confidence, a company registered in England and Wales with number 2850281 whose registered office is at Spectrum Point,164 Clapgate Lane, Birmingham, B32 3DE;
"Equipment": the equipment in respect of which Color Confidence has agreed to provide Maintenance Services, as specified in Your order (including any part or parts of it);
"Contract": any contract between Color Confidence and You for the sale and purchase of the Goods and/or Services, incorporating these conditions;
"Goods": any goods Color Confidence is supplying to You in the Contract;
"Services": any services Color Confidence is supplying to You in the Contract;
"working days": Monday to Friday inclusive, with the exception of any day which is a public or bank holiday in England and Wales;
"writing" shall include facsimile and email;
"You": the person, firm or company purchasing the Goods and/or Services from Color Confidence.
- A reference to a particular law is a reference to it as it is in force for the time being taking account of any amendment, extension, application or re-enactment and includes any subordinate legislation for the time being in force made under it.
- Condition headings do not affect the interpretation of these conditions.
- Application of terms
- The Contract shall be on these conditions. No variation to these conditions shall have effect unless agreed in writing by an authorised representative of Color Confidence.
- Each order for Goods and/or Services by You from Color Confidence is an offer by You to buy Goods and/or Services subject to these conditions.
- No order placed by You shall be accepted by Color Confidence until Color Confidence despatches the Goods to You or commences performance of the Services. Until that time there is no legally binding contract between You and Color Confidence. Any acknowledgement of order which Color Confidence sends to You is simply confirmation that it has received your order.
- The quantity and description of the Goods (if any) and/or Services shall be as set out in Color Confidence's acknowledgement of order.
- Any descriptions or illustrations contained in Color Confidence's catalogues, brochures or this website are issued or published for the sole purpose of giving an approximate idea of the Goods or Services described in them and they shall not form part of the Contract, unless You are buying Services described as being provided for a specific length of time when that length of time will form part of the Contract.
- Delivery of the Goods
- Delivery of the Goods shall take place at the address You provided to Color Confidence when you placed Your order.
- Color Confidence will not be liable for any loss or damages suffered by You through delay in delivery following despatch of the Goods.
- Color Confidence shall not be liable for any non delivery of Goods (even if caused by Color Confidence's negligence) unless You give written notice to Color Confidence of the non delivery within 14 days of the date when the Goods would in the ordinary course of events have been received.
- Any liability of Color Confidence for non-delivery of the Goods shall be limited to replacing the Goods within a reasonable time or issuing a credit note at the pro rata Contract rate against any invoice raised for such Goods.
- Performance of the Services
- Performance of the Services shall take place at the place and time(s) specified in this website or at such other place and time(s) agreed between Color Confidence and You from time to time.
- The extent of any Services is more fully described on this website.
- You shall take all steps necessary to ensure that Color Confidence is able to perform the Services on the date they are due to be performed.
- Intellectual Property
AAll intellectual property conceived or made by Color Confidence in the course of providing the Services will belong to Color Confidence and Color Confidence grants You a non-exclusive licence to use such intellectual property only for the purposes notified to You from time to time by Color Confidence.
- The price payable for the Goods or Services shall be the price set out on the Color Confidence website on the date the Goods are despatched or performance of the Services commences.
- Value added tax, delivery costs, any customs duty or import tariffs and travel and subsistence (where applicable in the case of Services) shall be added to the total amount due from You and paid by You.
- Color Confidence reserves the right to claim interest under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.
- Payment of the price for the Goods and/or Services is due on the date of the Contract. The currency in which payment is due shall be determined in accordance with the following table:
Location of Invoice Address
A country in the Euro Zone
Any country in an area not listed above
Currency specified by Colour Confidence at the time Your Order is acknowledged
- If you do not pay any sums due to Color Confidence on time then You are in breach of the Contract and Color Confidence can terminate the Contract immediately and claim damages from you.
- No payment shall be deemed to have been received until Color Confidence has received cleared funds.
- All payments payable to Color Confidence under the Contract shall become due immediately on its termination despite any other provision.
- Risk and title
- The Goods are at Your risk from the time of delivery.
- Ownership of the Goods shall not pass to You until Color Confidence has received in full (in cash or cleared funds) all sums due to it in respect of:
- the Goods and/or Services; and
- all other sums which are or which become due to Color Confidence from You on any account.
- Until ownership of the Goods has passed to You, You shall hold the Goods as Color Confidence's fiduciary agent and bailee and shall keep the Goods separate from your other goods and those of any third party and properly stored, protected and insured and identified as Color Confidence's property, but you may resell or use the Goods in the ordinary course of your business.
- Your right to possession of the Goods shall terminate immediately if:
- You have a bankruptcy order made against You or make an arrangement or composition with Your creditors, or otherwise take the benefit of any statutory provision for the time being in force for the relief of insolvent debtors, or (being a body corporate) convene a meeting of creditors (whether formal or informal), or enter into liquidation (whether voluntary or compulsory) except a solvent voluntary liquidation for the purpose only of reconstruction or amalgamation, or have a receiver and/or manager, administrator or administrative receiver appointed of Your undertaking or any part thereof, or documents are filed with the court for the appointment of an administrator of You or notice of intention to appoint an administrator is given by You or Your directors or by a qualifying floating charge holder (as defined in paragraph 14 of Schedule B1 to the Insolvency Act 1986), or a resolution is passed or a petition presented to any court for the winding-up or the granting of an administration order in respect of You, or any proceedings are commenced relating to Your insolvency or Your possible insolvency; or
- You suffer or allow any execution, whether legal or equitable, to be levied on Your property or obtained against You, or fail to observe or perform any of Your obligations under the Contract or any other contract between Color Confidence and You, or are unable to pay Your debts within the meaning of section 123 of the Insolvency Act 1986 or You cease to trade; or
- You encumber or in any way charge any of the Goods.
- Color Confidence shall be entitled to recover payment for the Goods notwithstanding that ownership of any of the Goods has not passed from Color Confidence.
- You grant Color Confidence, its agents and employees an irrevocable licence at any time to enter any premises where the Goods are or may be stored where Your right to possession has terminated, to recover them.
- Where Color Confidence is unable to determine whether any Goods are the goods in respect of which Your right to possession has terminated, You shall be deemed to have sold all goods of the kind sold by Color Confidence to You in the order in which they were invoiced to You.
- On termination of the Contract, howsoever caused, Color Confidence's (but not Your) rights contained in this condition 9 shall remain in effect.
- Color Confidence warrants that (subject to the other provisions of these conditions):
- on delivery, and for a period of 12 months from the date of delivery, the Goods shall be of satisfactory quality within the meaning of the Sale of Goods Act 1979; and
- it will perform the Services with reasonable skill and care.
- The warranty in condition 10.1 does not apply to any defect in the Goods arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, accident, negligence by You or any third party, if You use the Goods in any way that Color Confidence does not recommend, Your failure to follow Color Confidence's instructions, or any alteration or repair You carry out without Color Confidence's written approval.
- Color Confidence shall not be liable for a breach of the warranty in Condition 10.1.1 unless:
- You give written notice of the defect to Color Confidence, within a reasonable time when You discover or ought to have discovered the defect and, in particular, if the defect is as a result of damage in transit within 14 days of the date of Color Confidence's invoice; and
- Color Confidence is given a reasonable opportunity after receiving the notice of examining such Goods and You (if asked to do so by Color Confidence) return such Goods to Color Confidence's place of business at Your cost for the examination to take place there.
- If pursuant to condition 10.3.2 you wish or are asked to return Goods to Color Confidence, you must first telephone Color Confidence to obtain a Returns Authorisation Number which should be stated on the packaging in which the Goods are obtained.
- If any of the Goods do not conform with the warranty in condition 10.1.1 Color Confidence shall at its option repair or replace such Goods (or the defective part) or refund the price of such Goods at the pro rata Contract rate provided that, if Color Confidence so requests, You shall, at Your expense, return the Goods or the part of such Goods which is defective to Color Confidence in accordance with condition 10.4. Color Confidence reserves the right to charge You for any repairs to the Goods where it reasonably believes that any defects in the Goods were caused by Your acts or omissions.
- If Color Confidence complies with condition 10.5 it shall have no further liability for a breach of the warranty in condition 10.1.1 in respect of such Goods.
- If any of the Services do not conform to the warranty in condition 10.1.2, Color Confidence shall at its option perform or re-perform such Services or refund the price of such Services at the pro rata Contract rate.
- If Color Confidence complies with condition 10.7, is shall have no further liability for a breach of the warranty in condition 10.1.2 in respect of such Services.
- In addition Color Confidence shall endeavour to pass to You the benefit of any warranty or guarantee given to Color Confidence by the manufacturer of the Goods.
- Any Goods replaced shall belong to Color Confidence and any repaired or replacement Goods shall be guaranteed on these terms for the unexpired portion of the 12 month period.
- Limitation of liability
- Your attention is particularly drawn to the provisions of this Condition 11.
- The following provisions set out the entire financial liability of Color Confidence (including any liability for the acts or omissions of its employees, agents and sub-contractors) to You in respect of:
- any breach of these conditions;
- any use made or resale by You of any of the Goods or Services, or of any product incorporating any of the Goods or Services; and
- any representation, statement or tortious act or omission including negligence arising under or in connection with the Contract.
- All warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law (save for the conditions implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 as applicable) are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from the Contract.
- Nothing in these conditions excludes or limits the liability of Color Confidence:
- for death or personal injury caused by Color Confidence's negligence; or
- under section 2(3), Consumer Protection Act 1987; or
- for any matter which it would be illegal for Color Confidence to exclude or attempt to exclude its liability; or
- for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Subject to condition 11.3 and condition 11.4 Color Confidence shall not be liable to You for
- loss of profits; or
- loss of business; or
- depletion of goodwill and/or similar losses; or
- loss of anticipated savings; or
- damage to goods; or
- loss of contract; or
- loss of use; or
- loss or corruption of data or information; or
- any special, indirect, consequential or pure economic loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses.
- Color Confidence's total liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise arising in connection with the performance, or contemplated performance, of the Contract shall be limited to the price payable for the Goods and/or Services under the Contract.
- Color Confidence may assign the Contract or any part of it to any person, firm or company.
- You shall not be entitled to assign the Contract or any part of it without the prior written consent of Color Confidence.
- Each right or remedy of Color Confidence under the Contract is without prejudice to any other right or remedy of Color Confidence whether under the Contract or not.
- Color Confidence shall not be liable to You by reason of any delay in performing, or any failure to perform, any of its obligations in relation to the Goods or Services, if the delay or failure was due to an act of God, war, terrorism, power failure, or any other cause beyond Color Confidence's reasonable control.
- If any provision of the Contract is found by any court, tribunal or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be wholly or partly illegal, invalid, void, voidable, unenforceable or unreasonable it shall to the extent of such illegality, invalidity, voidness, voidability, unenforceability or unreasonableness be deemed severable and the remaining provisions of the Contract and the remainder of such provision shall continue in full force and effect.
- Failure or delay by Color Confidence in enforcing or partially enforcing any provision of the Contract shall not be construed as a waiver of any of its rights under the Contract.
- Any waiver by Color Confidence of any breach of, or any default under, any provision of the Contract by You shall not be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach or default and shall in no way affect the other terms of the Contract.
- The parties to the Contract do not intend that any term of the Contract shall be enforceable by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by any person that is not a party to it.
- The Contract shall be governed by English law and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- These conditions are drafted in the English language. If the conditions are translated into any other language, the English language text shall prevail.
- WEEE Policy
- The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Directive (WEEE) is an EU initiative to protect the environment by reducing the amount of electrical equipment including PCs, servers, printers, laptops and other electrical products going into landfill sites. If this symbol is shown on any of your goods, it means that the product is classed as Electrical and Electronic Equipment (EEE) and should not be disposed of with your general waste.
- Our Producer Registration is WEE/HH1515VU.