Want to join a vibrant, ambitious company?
Color Confidence is the leading value added distributor into the European colour management and digital imaging channels.
Our ambitious expansion plans, and a working environment where you can make a real difference to the success of the company on a day-to-day basis, makes Color Confidence a really rewarding place to work.
The Color Confidence team boasts a diverse blend of creative, technical, sales and service expertise and as we continue to grow we are looking for ambitious and motivated individuals who believe they can make that difference we are looking for.
We believe in the following core values:
Learn more about Color Confidence and take a look at our full company mission and values statement here.
- Commitment – We give and expect 100% in all areas at all times
- Ownership – Everyone takes full responsibility for their actions
- Integrity – We deliver what we promise and only commit to what is achievable
- Excellence – our knowledge and attention to detail result in a quality service
- Systems – we follow our systems and improve them as needs change
- Consistency – in our approach to vendors, customers and each other
Marketing Manager, X-Rite Photo EMEA
An exciting new position has arisen at Color Confidence for a Marketing professional looking for the opportunity to manage an innovative brand and its range of products within Europe.
Color Confidence is Europe’s leading value added distributor into the colour management and digital imaging markets. The company offers a range of products and services to the market and was recently appointed by X-Rite to manage its brand and photo product portfolio across Europe, Middle East and Africa.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Marketing professional with at least three years experience in a similar position with demonstrable experience in brand management.
The purpose of this role is to implement all the marketing activities related to the X-Rite product portfolio in line with the agreed marketing strategy and overall business plan.
This role involves execution of the marketing plan, including digital and social media, understanding and appreciation of the product life cycle, day to day responsibility for the marketing budget, delivery of all projects on time and within budget, ROI analyses on all marketing spend, preparation and management of the ‘go to market’ strategy and an in-depth understanding of the product road map.
- At least three years in a similar marketing role, although not necessarily in the digital imaging industry.
- A strong understanding and demonstrable experience in brand management as well as all elements of the marketing mix.
- A confident communicator with excellent verbal and written communication skills including copywriting.
- Excellent organisation, planning and execution skills.
- An enthusiastic self-starter with a keen eye for detail.
- Marketing or business degree
- Fluency in a foreign language is desirable but not essential.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK.
If you have the relevant experience for the Marketing Manager position, please apply with your most recent CV and a cover letter outlining your suitability to email@example.com
Account Manager - Multilingual (Italian and/or Spanish speaking)
As part of our EMEA Account Management and Customer Service team, based in our South Birmingham office, we are looking for a Spanish and/or Italian speaking administrator and account manager to maintain and develop relationships with existing customers, maximise sales and give excellent customer service.
Requirements of this role:
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with customers
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
- Logical and methodical
- Competent with Excel, Outlook, Word and Powerpoint
Languages: Italian and/or Spanish is essential (preferably native speaker). Fluent written and spoken English.
This role will offer great experience of working in a pan-European business with many opportunities for training, career development and occasional travel to EU countries to meet our customers.
To apply for the Account Manager role, please submit your current CV, salary expectations, and a covering letter explaining how your personal qualities and skills could improve our team, to firstname.lastname@example.org
IT Support Engineer
Purpose of this IT Support Engineer role:
- To ensure the day-to-day reliability of the company's IT infrastructure, a mixture of Windows and Macintosh clients with Windows and Linux servers (Physical and Virtual machines).
- To maintain, improve and document existing IT systems.
- To propose, design and implement new IT systems to support the company’s growth & future.
- To ensure the company's IT resources are secure and protected with the latest upgrades and security software.
- To research & implement IT solutions, which will improve the business and/or enhance user’s experience.
Specific Job Content:
- Manage the full needs of running a Windows domain including printer and network devices .
- Offer 1st and 2nd line support for staff, including remote users.
- Manage the helpdesk ticketing system, to ensure all tickets are dealt with quickly and accurately.
- Manage networking infrastructure including VPN access for remote and roaming users.
- Ensure that backups are being regularly & accurately executed for all servers and client systems.
- Report on all system, hardware & service exceptions, failures and concerns with recommendations on necessary actions.
- Manage our VMware and SAN systems.
- Audit servers, client applications and OS to schedule necessary upgrades and patches.
- Maintain a complete and accurate list of company IT resources.
- Administer the company’s mail server including the management of user accounts, junk mail filters and distribution lists.
- Administer the company’s IP phone system include the management of user accounts, voicemail, remote IP phone users and call traffic.
- Ensure that all servers and clients are adequately protected from external threats using anti-virus software and services.
- Regularly monitor all customer-facing websites to ensure high availability.
- Manage the company’s domain registrations, DNS servers and DNS routing .
- Perform ad-hoc duties required by your line and senior management from time to time.
Performance Standards for this IT Support Engineer role:
- Ensure that all documentation is written to high standards.
- Keep in regular contact with your colleagues, so that they are aware of your work and how this may impact their resource requirements.
- Maintain professional standard at all time.
- To be punctual, maintain dress code, and be polite and courteous to customers and colleagues at all times.
- Minimise disruption to users when deploying any changes to I.T. systems.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Windows Operating Systems (Win2003/8 Server; XP; Windows 7)
- Microsoft Applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Macintosh Operating Systems (Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks)
- Linux System Administration (Redhat or similar)
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange Mail Server
- DNS, DHCP, VLAN, WAN/LAN, VPN, SSH, FTP
- Printer configuration on both Windows/Macintosh
- Experience managing/configuring Routers, Firewalls and Wireless connections
- VMware Virtual Infrastructure ESX Server
- MS DPM and Time Machine
- Terminal Services 2003
- Unix Cron
- Linux (ksh/bash) and windows/powershell scripting
- NetSuite ERP Cloud solution
- Magento Enterprise ecommerce
- Php scripting
To apply for the position of I.T. support Engineer role, please submit your current CV, salary expectations, and a covering letter explaining how you feel you could improve the Color Confidence I.T. Team to email@example.com
We also welcome speculative applications from outstanding people.
The very nature of making a speculative application is that it is speculative! So whilst we may not have an immediate vacancy, we will always acknowledge receipt of your enquiry and hold your details on file for when a role suited to your skills does emerge.
…and whilst experience of the photography, digital imaging and colour management channels isn't essential it would obviously be an advantage!
To make a speculative application, please submit your current CV, salary expectations, a covering letter explaining how you feel you could improve the Color Confidence team, together with our Employment Application Form either by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Color Confidence, Spectrum Point, 164 Clapgate Lane, Birmingham, B32 3DE
Color Confidence is wholly committed to equality and diversity and proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all candidates, irrespective of race, sex or disability.
Please note that we do not use recruitment agencies.