Employment Opportunities at Color Confidence
Want to join a vibrant, ambitious company?
Color Confidence is the leading value added distributor into the European colour management and digital imaging channels.
Our ambitious expansion plans, and a working environment where you can make a real difference to the success of the company on a day-to-day basis, makes Color Confidence a really rewarding place to work.
The Color Confidence team boasts a diverse blend of creative, technical, sales and service expertise and as we continue to grow we are looking for ambitious and motivated individuals who believe they can make that difference we are looking for.
We believe in the following core values:
- Commitment – We give and expect 100% in all areas at all times
- Ownership – Everyone takes full responsibility for their actions
- Integrity – We deliver what we promise and only commit to what is achievable
- Excellence – our knowledge and attention to detail result in a quality service
- Systems – we follow our systems and improve them as needs change
- Consistency – in our approach to vendors, customers and each other
Location: Birmingham or Warrington
If you’re a highly skilled Magento developer with great PHP, Zend and MySQL skills, this is a rare and exciting opportunity to help a successful company to establish a new software development business unit.
Joining a fantastic, flexible working environment, you’ll have the chance to help build the business from the ground up. You’ll play a major role in the growth of the company by delivering high quality coding and introducing exciting Magento-based solutions to the marketplace.
As a Magento Developer, you will be responsible for developing and supporting existing Magento environments and helping to deliver outstanding packaged Magento solutions for commercial sale.
Reporting directly to the Development Manager, you’ll play a key role in the success of the new business unit and help to drive it forward into a full commercial development operation.
Maintaining a commitment to development best practices and Agile methodologies, you’ll integrate a variety of other platforms into Magento. You’ll work closely with stakeholders to interpret their requirements and establish Magento-centric deliverables.
Additionally, you’ll develop innovative code that’s in-line with established Magento, Zend, PHP and MySQL best practices and adheres to coding standards and Agile methodologies.
To be considered for this role, you must have experience of Magento Community and Enterprise development, as well as a track record of front end, administrative and object model development. You must also have experience of using the following:
- Zend Framework
- OOP and/or MVC patterns
- SOAP and/or REST
Driven and conscientious, as a Magento Developer, you must be passionate, creative and ambitious with pride for the quality of your developed code.
Previous experience of packaging Magento developments for the Magento Connect marketplace would be beneficial to your application.
Location: Birmingham or Warrington
Joining a fantastic, flexible working environment, you’ll have the chance to help build the business from the ground up. You’ll play a major role in the growth of the company by introducing exciting Netsuite-based solutions to the marketplace.
As a Netsuite Technical Consultant, you will be responsible for helping to deliver Netsuite implementation, development and integration services into our client’s existing SaaS ERP and eCommerce estate.
Your role will involve both technical and business customer requirements interpretation, ensuring a varied workload that will keep you engaged whilst developing your skill-set.
Reporting directly to the Development Manager, you’ll play a key role in the success of our client’s new operation. Initially, you’ll help to migrate several business units into Netsuite from legacy accounting and stock control packages.
As your role develops, you’ll deliver packaged Netsuite solutions to the marketplace for commercial sale and maintain a commitment to best practices and Agile methodologies.
Your other duties will include:
- Designing and building customisations to existing implementations
- Interpreting requirements and establishing deliverables
- Developing code to documented coding-standards and best practices
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Previous ERP experience in modern systems
- Experience of Object Oriented development
- A good grounding in configuring and modifying systems in response to business requirements
Methodical and strong-minded, as a Netsuite Technical Consultant, you must have an analytical, adaptable approach with genuine enthusiasm and passion for what you do.
Ideally, you’ll have Netsuite experience, however this is by no means essential as formal Netsuite training will be provided.
Job Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full Time, 09:00 – 17:30 (Monday -Friday)
Our client is a leading value-added technology distributor specialising in the digital imaging market, selling products and services directly to end-users as well as via an extensive dealer network. They now require a Junior Developer to help them with the migration of their Magento and NetSuite platforms across their pan-European business.
The Junior Developer will also have knowledge and experience of using other tools to manage data / CSV / database files, such FTP, notepad, vi, MS Office (Excel and Access) and ODBC.
You will be supporting and reporting to the Operations Manager, which will give you the opportunity to work on many different projects within the business.
Junior Developer Responsibilities will include:
• To assist in the migration of moving from their legacy ERP and eCommerce solutions, to their new systems (Magento and NetSuite).
• To produce and maintain all business reports via MySQL and other reporting tools.
• Develop their ERP system (NetSuite) in order to fit the business requirements.
• Introduce / create new tools to assist the business in effectively manage department processes.
• Administer their eCommerce server for user access and permissions along with redirects, FTP and domain management.
• To provide an additional resource to their senior developers in creating and maintaining internal and external applications.
• To work with their Developer, Internal IT and marketing departments to ensure effective and efficient processes.
• Sharing techniques and best practices with their development team.
Knowledge and experience of either Magento or NetSuite would be advantageous.
We also welcome speculative applications from outstanding people.
The very nature of making a speculative application is that it is speculative! So whilst we may not have an immediate vacancy, we will always acknowledge receipt of your enquiry and hold your details on file for when a role suited to your skills does emerge.
…and whilst experience of the photography, digital imaging and colour management channels isn't essential it would obviously be an advantage!
To make a speculative application, please submit your current CV, salary expectations, a covering letter explaining how you feel you could improve the Color Confidence team, together with our
Employment Application Form
either by email email@example.com or by post to Color Confidence, Spectrum Point, 164 Clapgate Lane, Birmingham, B32 3DE
Color Confidence is wholly committed to equality and diversity and proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applications from all candidates, irrespective of race, sex or disability.
Please note that we do not use recruitment agencies.